Custodian of Canada

Custodian of Canada

According to Canada’s immigration law, students must obtain a study permit and visa to study in this country. In addition to the documents and conditions required for a Canadian student visa, the submission of the custodian’s statement is also necessary.

What is Custodin?

It is better to ask who is Custodian? Students under the age of 18 who go to Canada to study without their parents or legal guardians must be under the protection of a responsible adult, who is called a “custodian” or “guardian”.

Becoming a guardian of Canadian students requires legal procedures to allow the person to act in place of a parent or legal guardian.

Admission requirements for a guardian or academic supervisor in Canada

The person who is going to be responsible for your child in Canada as a custodian or guardian must meet the following conditions:

At least 19 years old or older.

Be a Canadian citizen or have a permanent residence in Canada.


Duties of guardians or academic supervisors in Canada

Helping the student at the time of arrival such as:

Assessing and familiarizing students with the environment

Setting up an appointment to register at school

Reporting from the student to the school

Providing appropriate advice to students about school subjects and activities

Providing consent to the school for the student’s scientific programs and activities

Finding appropriate medical care for the student

Helping the student find a family doctor

Participation in meetings and forums between teachers and parents on behalf of one of them

Helping and informing the student about tuition renewal details

Advocating the student on academic, behavioral and emotional issues on behalf of the student’s parents

Providing notes required for student attendance (about absences, vacations, etc.)

Keeping the custodian’s contact information up to date and notifying the school of possible changes (including the change of the custodian himself)

Providing a separate emergency contact number

Submitting the student’s study permit (Professor’s Permit) to the International Student Admission Office

Continuous monitoring of student activities

Sending home reports to the student’s parents. Continuously informing the student’s parents about any academic, behavioral and emotional issues of the student. Helping the student if he/she leaves school early, such as:

Complete the school withdrawal form

Returning textbooks, musical instruments and other school equipment

Inform the International Student Admission Office and provide a copy of the Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from a new school or a copy of the plane ticket to the student’s country.

  • Students who are going to study in Canadian schools, only go to Canada, in order to get admission from Canadian schools and then get a Canadian student visa, it is necessary to submit an approved custodian form and a notarized form to the schools and then to the Canadian Immigration Department. . “Notarized” means that the original document and its signatures have been certified by a notary public.

    Custodian certificate is two pages. The first custodian form must be completed, signed and then notarized by the guardian or custodian in Canada. The second form must be filled and signed by the student’s parent(s) or legal guardian in their country of residence and then approved in the official offices.

    When a new supervisor is appointed for the student, the above two documents must be completed with the information of the new person and must be approved by the notary. Acknowledgment of the Canadian custodian degree must be submitted to the school’s Office of Admissions and International Student Affairs.

  • If you are looking to find a guardian for your children in Canada, there is no list of names of guardians for students in Canada. Usually, most schools have a custodian service for students, and during the admission process, they will ask you if you want to get a custodian from the school or not.

    Schools charge you a fee for appointing a guardian for your child. If you have any of your relatives or friends in Canada who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents, you can introduce them as your child’s custodian to the school and the Canadian Immigration Office and submit the custodian’s notarized forms.